- In less than 20 years the percent of children unified with parents has dropped by almost 10% (actual number - 15,000 fewer children returned);
- The percent of children living with other relatives went up temporarily, but has dropped overall by 1% (actual number - about 3,000 fewer children with relatives);
- The percent of children being adopted out has increased by 5% (actual number - more than 17,000);
- The percent of children being emancipated has increased by 5% (actual number - over 12,000 more);
- The percent of children in guardianship has increased by 5% (over 13,000 more).
In other words, children are no longer being returned to parents or families - they are being permanently placed elsewhere or "cut loose".
So what happened on or before 1998 to cause this change?
The Federal Adoption Incentive - also known as "cash for kids" was enacted in 1997. Amazing how in such a short time, the statistics have become so obvious.
Stand up, speak out, educate yourselves. CPS is a self-perpetuating group of bureaucrats who are only out for money and not the well-being of children and families.